Worcestershire Trading Standards Service are the designated Authority for the following activities:

AML documents can now be obtained from SouthWestern through the website.  http://www.arams.co.uk/

Main phone number  0844 573 0137

1 for Bureau Service:- General Queries from public regarding the service or indeed LA’s, RPA, AHVLA and Defra

2 for Farmers Helpline:- Technical or General queries from Farmers

3 for Technical Helpdesk:- Queries from Back Office Systems providers or technical queries from Markets or Abattoirs with a Back Office System that interfaces with the ARAMS Webservices

Fax Number  01908 664433

AML1 and AML24 Returned to: Animal Reporting & Movement Service (ARAMS),SouthWestern, PO BOX 6299, Milton Keynes, MK10 1ZQ

Fees: There is no charge for an animal movement licence.

*Please note: The AML2 movement document will no longer be available. You have the following options to report all planned movements of your pigs:

online: via eaml2 website: http://www.eaml2.org.uk/

by phone: contacting BPEX on  0844 335 8400

by post: Meat and Livestock Commercial Services Ltd (MLCSL), Stoneleigh Park, Kenilworth, Warwickshire, CV8 2TL

If you choose to report the movements by phone or post you will need to report the movement early enough to receive your movement report confirmation document (haulier summary) which needs to accompany pigs during transport.


We have specialist equipment available to test road tanker meters that deliver heating oil (Gas Oil & Kerosene). The service is available with a fully trained operator.

If you would like to make use of this service please complete this form.

Registration and Approval Notification of Feed Businesses

Please follow this link for an on-line form to complete the registration and approval notification for feed business. Please note you will need to refer to the code and activity list, which was in the original registration pack, before completing the on line form (or follow this link to view the code and activity lists).

Please follow this link if you are exempt from registration

If you want to renew your fireworks application please follow this link.

If you are a NEW premise please follow our application process. Please note that application fees are non-refundable and your first licence will only be issued for one year.

When you apply you must ensure you are compliant with current legislation. 

How do I apply for a Licence?  You can either download an application here or complete the online form (Please note a fee is payable on application)


If you exhibit, use or train performing animals in Worcestershire, you must be registered with the licensing authority (Worcestershire Trading Standrds Service) under the provisions of the Performing Animals (Regulations) Act 1925. This includes the filming of animals that are not in their natural habitat and not acting in their natural behaviour.

Guidelines for the welfare of performing animals - The Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (RSPCA) have produced guidelines for the welfare of performing animals. We encourage anyone considering using animals in productions to read this and implement the suggestions.

Eligibility criteria  - Applicants must not have been given a court order preventing them from training or exhibiting a wild animal, or from holding a registration.

Performing animals don't include invertebrate animals (animals with exterior skeletons like insects or no skeletons like jellyfish, etc).

Exemptions - Registration doesn't apply to the training of animals for bona fide military, police, agricultural or sporting purposes, or the exhibition of any animals so trained.

Regulation summary - Read the regulation summary relating to this certificate

Public Register

In general, most types of weighing or measuring equipment must be tested and verified as correct before it can be used for trade purposes, either for the first time when new or after repair. We also provide notified body services under the Non-Automatic Weighing Instruments (EEC Requirements) Regulations 2000 and the Measuring Instruments Directive (MID), in respect of liquid fuel meters and road tanker measuring systems. Worcestershire Regulatory Services can provide this verification service for you. See the table of Weights & Measures Fees 2018 - 2019